LDW Travel Plans? Don't Leave Without This 30 Minute Workout You Can Do Anywhere
Just because you're heading out for a much deserved vacation, doesn't mean you have to give up on your fitness routine.
So we asked our super-talented and in-the-know NYC instructor Chris to show us through the perfect workout to take on the road with you to make sure you stay in shape between all those glasses of rosé. Cheers to that!!
THE WARM UP:
Do 30 seconds per warm up movement. Twice.
As your feet jump out outside of the width of your feet, reach your arms as high as you can and back down as your feet come back to neutral.
Hold your weight back in the heels. Start by bending your knees out and dropping your hips down below your knees. Keep your chest up. Then stand and repeat.
Hold a strong plank position locking out your arms with your shoulders directly over your hands. Tap you left shoulder with your right hand and vice versa, if your hips begin to wobble, simply widen the space between your feet.
Step your right foot outside your right hand and rock your hips forward and back for 15 seconds. Repeat on the left.
Perform 10-12 reps of each movement, and all movements combined 3x.
SHOULDER PRESS + STANDING SHOULDER FLY
- Hold a pair of dumbbells with a wide grip.
- Begin with both arms up at a 90 degree angle
- Press both arms straight over head, locking out your elbows with your biceps by your ears
- Return back to 90 degree angle where you will bring both arms to touch in front of your head to add the shoulder fly
- Return to a wide grip to repeat
FRONT RACK SQUAT
- Hold both weights in a front rack position in front of your shoulders
- Perform full range of motion squats keeping your weight in your heels
- Focus on opening up your knees as your come down to get your hips passed your knees and keep your chest up.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Hold your weights in a suitcase position outside your hips
- Keep your feet hips width distance apart and step each leg back, making sure you get your knee as close to the ground as possible.
- Both legs should be 90 degrees at the bottom of the lunge.
- Hold your weights in the front rack position in front of each shoulder
- Take a wide step out with your right leg
- Focus on dropping your hips back and keeping the opposite leg straight
- All 10 toes should point forward.
THE CANDLE STICK (REVERSE CRUNCH)
- Begin lying down on your back with your legs straight up so your body is in an "L" position.
- Use your lower abs to reach both legs straight up toward the ceiling, lifting your low back and hips off of the floor
- Once you come back down, reach both legs down toward the ground at about 30 degrees off the floor without lifting your lower back